RE: Migrating NT4.0 Domain to W2K3 AD, but leaving Exchange 5.5 on.

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:04:36 -0700

Hi Darwin,

I hope that I am understanding correctly what you plan on doing. Exchange 5.5
can exist in a 2000 / 2003 Active Directory structure, however since Microsoft
is dropping support for it, you may want to consider migration to Exchange 2003.

However if your management decides not too.. You should install just run the
active directory connector,
although it will run with out it.

If you want to install Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server, You just need to
make sure that you have the Exchange 5.5 service pack 3 and above.
http://www.Microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/deploy/upgrade2000qi.mspx

For the pro's and con's, just look at the feature diffrences in both products
on Microsoft's website for Exchange at
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/default.mspx . Microsoft has a wealth of
Knowledge
on this subject.