Migrate Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

  • From: "Alan Tan" <t-tan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:46:48 +0800

Greetings,

                Hi guys I need some advice from u regarding the above
issue.

                I have One Win2k domain controller (Win2000 SP2) that
run Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server. As my HQ has already migrate to Exchange
2000 they have required us to do likewise. I have done some study about
the migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 and have the following
questions,

1)      As we joined to out HQ site (which is already running
Exchang2000), so do I consider this migration of our as the 2nd
Exchange2000?
2)      Do I just simply run ADC, Forest prep and Domain prep (as
recommended by MS) before installing Exchange2000? This is despite we
have a small setup here in Singapore, about 30 mailbox. Can I omit
running ADC, forest/domain prep and go straight to install Exchange2000?
3)      Do I need to be concern of hidden mailbox (users still existing)
4)      Do I need to do anything to my public folder (that is housed in
Singapore)? Like create a public folder CA??
5)      I am using veritas exec to backup my 5.5 server, do I need to
reconfigure everything once 2000 is being installed??

                                Really appreciate any advice. Thanks

Alan Tan
System Consultant
Nomura Research Institute