Microsoft Search Gatherer Transaction Log

  • From: "Hermano Queiroz" <hjsqueiroz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 06:33:55 -0700

Hello Folks,

This could be a stupid question, but anyway I need the answer to
understand and take some precautions.
Why I need to have installed in my server on c:\winnt\temp\gthrsvc some
search engine that open door for virus like this?

Virus Found!Virus name: W32.Yaha.K@mm in File:
C:\WINNT\TEMP\gthrsvc\412love.scr by: Realtime Protection scan.  Action:
Delete succeeded : Access denied

Every day I have a different kind of virus and Norton Antivirus is doing a
good job, because my server isn't infected even with this Access denied
and "I hope never will be...".

TIA