[ExchangeList] Re: Microsoft Exchange and VPN

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:06:30 -0400

   Not sure what your goals are, or even what version of Exchange you
are running with.  I will assume that you are using Exchange 2003.

   If your only goal is to access Exchange while away from the network,
VPN may be overkill.  Look into Outlook Web Access (OWA) and RPC Over

   Although I support VPN access here at my network, RPC Over HTTPs and
OWA may meet your requirements and with a lot less effort and cost.