[ExchangeList] Re: Microsoft Exchange and VPN

  • From: "Rick Boza" <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:50:00 -0400

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------not to be forgotten is
the reverse-proxy capability. Don't replace your existing firewall, but drop it
into the dmz and leverage the work Microsoft has done to publish OWA and
rpc/http.

Your network folks should be pretty happy 'cause you're introducing another
layer of security, and all they need to open in the firewalls is 443.