[ExchangeList] Re: Microsoft Exchange and VPN

  • From: "Steve Frechette" <stevef@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:59:01 -0500

Thanks for all the responses! Definately going to look into this RPC over
HTTP as that is what everyone is suggesting. I always get forgettful to
include more information such as:

Exchange 2003 SP2
Server 2003

and such. OWA works swimmingly (amazing featureset for an internet based
outlook!), but its just the Exchange outside the network that kept giving me
issues. We have the needed "A" records with the DNS (godaddy) and the only
Exchange I've ever worked with before was a now ex-employee who worked with
his old company's exchange and to get to it he had to VPN it in. We're only
looking at about 10 or so connections here, so something smaller (and
preferrably free) would be a great option.

Sorry for forgetting the information before, but thanks for all the

Enjoy the day,

Steve Frechette

Network Administrator

CCI