[ExchangeList] Re: Microsoft Exchange and VPN

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:55:52 -0400

Most any VPN will work with Exchange.  To start with you need something to
function as a VPN server on your network.
Any Windows server can be a VPN server.  For that you want to read google
matches for "Windows VPN" and maybe "routing and remote access vpn".   In
that space you can do PPTP (not terribly secure) or IPSEC over L2TP
(secure).   Followup questions on Windows VPN should go to a Windows list.
Or, your firewall may have the capability to function as a VPN gateway.  For
further information on that, check with your firewall manufacturer.