Microsoft Backup - using for Exchange 2000

  • From: "Mark Budman" <mbudman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:06:20 -0400

Does anyone have any experience using Microsoft Backup to backup up an Exchange
2000 Mail store? I would like to use it and it seems to function well.

I do have some questions. Is it possible to use Microsoft backup for a remote
machine? In our environment, I have the tape backup unit installed on one PC
(application server), but Exchange running on another computer. Can it be done?

We are running Exchange 2000 Enterprise edition.

Any suggestions, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Budman
mbudman@xxxxxxxxxxxx