RE: Messages waiting to be routed queue

  • From: "Rich Gallo" <RGallo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:15:45 -0500

I had a similar problem with my SMTP connector on Exchange 2003.  At
first, my SMTP relay was a Server 2000 box running Symantec Security for
SMTP Gateways and I just recently replaced that with a Barracuda box as
the new SMTP Relay (incoming and outgoing).  It used to happen a lot at
first but then it just sort of cleared itself up (Knock on wood, lol).
I remember that I got the mail to dump out of the queue after restarting
the SMTP service on Exchange. I also remember turning on some diagnostic
logging and found no real anomalies also.  I know that probably isn't
very helpful but just wanted to share! :-)

PS
Any big messages that were waiting to go out??  I actually set up a
delay for messages for 20Mb to be sent out after normal business hours
and I found that helped my issue of the queue's backing up as well.