RE: Message-ID Header - is it essential for proper email flow?

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:17:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> Apparently, Outlook 2003 removed it:

FYI we have had issues thanks to Outlook doing this.  With one particulr
client, their ISP decided that any emails without message-ID headers "must
be SPAM" and started blocking such emails!  In the end we convinced the
ISP that this is not a kosher thing to do but in the meantime our client
was receiving all emails except the ones through our server and it sure
looked to him like it was us messing up! (because our server would not
automagically add back the missing message-ID headers but the other
mailservers the client was using did so!).

best regards
Mike