RE: Message tracking centre is slow

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:02:03 -0500

The Message Tracking Center reads from text log files. Its performance
is primarily limited by the speed of the disk where they reside...

(Enter Start -> Run -> \\exchange-server\exchange-server.log to view the
contents of the log file directory. This location is configured on the
General properties of a given server in ESM.)

Each one of those is a couple hundred MB large on my servers. MT is too
slow to be of use except in case of "emergency", although I have scripts
which pull data from them every day.

It'll take a third party product to speed'em up.