Message stuck in queue, keeps sending

  • From: "Rene Fourie" <craqon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:29:10 -0700

We have a bank sending our clients emails on a weekly basis, all work
related. Since Friday, my clients have received the same email up to 2500
times. (this amount differs client to client)

The bank blames this on a possible virus at a client (they don't use BCC,
everyone sees their mail list) or a spammer (but why would a spammer send
a work related email 2500 times, rather make it funny, or spread a hoax,
or for making money, though the list is only about 100 recipients)

This bank seriously needs help (technical and training as well)

Because this is a nation-wide bank, we can't just walk in to help. But in
which direction can we guide them? Can this be an Exchange problem?

(we can't block the sender at the clients either, as returned emails
result in loss of panelship with the bank)