Message sent through IMS Contain UTF-8-Encoded Characters

  • From: "Christian Schramm" <christian.schramm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 06:42:06 -0600

Hi again...

I have the exact problem as described in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;269576

Outside receipients who get mail from OWA users of us see sender's name in
following format:

[IMCEAEX-_O=Organization_OU=Site_CN=ContainerName_CN=someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

"This problem can also occur if you use Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA)
to send messages through an Exchange 2000 computer and the Exchange 2000
computer routes the message through the Internet Mail Service of an
Exchange Server 5.5 computer in the same site."

To resolve this problem, the KB article says we should install the latest
5.5 SP. Unfortunately the 5.5 server HAS the latest SP4 installed.

What else can I do? The problem seems to occur only when sending mails
through OWA. Mails from MAPI clients resolve as normal SMTP addresses...

Greetings
Christian