RE: Message Tracking

  • From: "Joshua M. Etterman" <jetterman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:57:15 -0500

To tell you the truth, I just downloaded it yesterday. I'm trying the
60-day demo. I'm using Ex 2k + win2k adv. And I have them both installed
on the same system.

GFI is pretty neat. My boss loves it because its filtering out all his
porn ads. (He always complains that he gets all these "spam" adult
sites, but oddly enough, they all say he signed up at one of their
sites.... so maybe we need to install some filtering software here,
too!)

The only thing I would suggest is to set up a public folder that holds
all the spam, etc. Periodically check the folder to make sure that
"real" email is not getting sorted out. Then make the necessary
filtering changes.

Oddly enough, I had the settings set too high and all of my exchangelist
emails were getting sent to the spam bin!

-Josh

--
Joshua M. Etterman

Complete College Solutions, Inc.
CCS Financial Corporation
513 W. Chocolate Avenue
Hershey, PA 17033

Telephone: (717) 508-2000
Facsimile: (717) 508-2001

E-mail: jetterman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.makecollegeaffordable.com

From: Wakelin, Frank [mailto:fwakelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Posted At: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 2:05 PM
Posted To: Spam
Conversation: [exchangelist] RE: Message Tracking
- [exchangelist] RE: Message Tracking

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Journaling would be the most complete way to do it, however this will
capture ALL messages moving through the Exchange server into a single
box.

As far as the legal issues, I think the bottom line is that the email
server
and all traffic moving through it are company policy.  This fact, along
with
a statement relating to this and the possible monitoring of
communications
should be enough to allow this to happen.