RE: Memory usage

  • From: <exchlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:30:53 +1000

Scroll back thru the list and look at "Some Daily Maintenance for
Exchange". Last Saturday I posted some stop & start batch files. You can
kick them off using scheduler. Or do what I do - close down the server
every morning around 4am using the UPS shutdown capabilities.
With one of my clients (SBS2000 with all patches, 7 users, PIII500, 1Gb
RAM, Intel SC server board) store.exe grows to 700Mb + within 3 days.
Shutting down the server gives a fresh start every day and it only takes
them milliseconds extra to retrieve their messages!
Stephen Hartley
Brisbane, Australia