Mails to two domains recieved on one exchange 2000 server.

  • From: "Sanjeev Srivastava" <sanjeevmcse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 21:20:45 -0600

Can I recieve mails addresed to user@xxxxxxxxxxx, as well as
user@xxxxxxxxxxx on an Exchange 2000 server that is a member of
domain1.com only?

The scenario is: I have two registered domains, domain1.com and
domain2.com. My network is a Windows 2000 domain1.com network and the
exchange 2000 server is in this network. I do not want to set up the
second forest of domain2.com right now but would like to recieve mails
addressed to domain2.com on this same exchange server.

My external DNS server is hosted by my ISP. I suppose I'll have to ask him
to create MX records for domain1.com and domain2.com and point them to the
same exchange server. What next?

Thanks in advance for guidence.