RE: Mail-enabled Contacts in 2K3

  • From: Dan HINCKLEY <danslists@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:59:38 +0200

At 21:02 4/14/2005, you wrote:

Hi Dan,
Under the Email Addresses tab of the Contact, clear the option, Automatically update email addresses based on recipient policy check box.

HTH. Regards, Raj Periyasamy Systems Administrator MCSE(Messaging), CCNA

-----Original Message----- From: Dan HINCKLEY [mailto:danslists@xxxxxxxx]

I am having difficulty working how to set a recipient addressing policy which ensures that when I create a new contact with an email address external to our domain, that the contact does not also get a user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx entry as well.

Can someone point me to a resource on how to do this?

Thanks,

Dan Hinckley                            t: (41 22) 999 0183
Information Management Group            f: (41 22) 999 0010
IUCN, The World Conservation Union      e: dah@xxxxxxxxxxx

Raj,

That's OK **after** I have created the Contact, but by then the user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx is created automatically by ES. If I uncheck the box, what do I have to do to remove that address (and leave the proper external one: run RUS?

What I'd really like is a way to set a recipient Policy so that any new Contact is created only with his/her external address.