Re: Mailclient

  • From: "Paul E Larson" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:10:13 -0500

What I do is ping the server by name and IP to verify the connection. I also
make sure that the IP returned by pinging it by name is internal, since our
firewall doesn't allow internal users to exit and then reenter to access a
internal resource. If the IP is the external IP, I then verify the DNS
numbers and add an entry to the PC's host file.

Paul