Mailbox doesn't show up

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:37:21 -0500

On 2 of my Ex2000 servers, when you create a user the mailbox does not show up
in ESM. I tried emailing it, logging in OWA, Outlook to try to activate it no
luck. RUS is working, the user will show up in the GAL, but mailbox will never
appear in ESM even after couple hours so when you email the user you will get
NDR like account doesn't exist. These two servers are in a different site and
use their local DC (1) for dsaccess. What we did to temporarily fix this is to
change the subnet in sites in services so that these two exchange servers point
to our HQ site so now when you create a user, mailbox shows up and the Ex
servers use our HQ DCs for dsaccess. Replication appears to be working between
sites, when you create a user in each site they will show up. One thing I
noticed is that the bad site's DC does not have DNS installed and is pointing
to our DNS in HQ. Our windows guy says this should not be a prob. Any ideas?
Thanks.