Mailbox clean

  • From: "Noni Cerillo" <ncerillo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:04:54 +0800

Hi everyone,

I have these two problems:

1. I'm using MSExchange 5.5. How do I delete emails from mailboxes. When I
check my mailbox resources I can see a number of mailboxes accumulating
large volumes of emails. I tried the CLEAN command in Tools and the program
seems to be working but when I check the mailboxes resources, the volume of
the emails in the mailboxes do not change.

2. We receive a considerable amount of email (about 5-10 daily) from one
source, sent to the same email address in our domain. These emails have an
attachments infected with the YAHA virus, so our anti-virus program detects
them each time it is received. What I did was delete the mailbox. Still, I
receive a warning from our anti-virus program that an email was sent to the
deleted address. How do I block emails sent to a deleted mailbox?

I hope someone can help. Thanks