RE: Mailbox Issues

  • From: "Chris Nielsen" <cnielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:07:21 -0700

Auto-archiving is an Outlook feature, yes. I don't know of any way to
set it up or control it in any way from the Exchange server.
Completely client dependant.

I just checked on my machine (Outlook 2002) and you can indeed save
your archive.pst on a network location (UNC path). If it didn't allow
network browsing to save the file, a mapped drive would do the trick,
I would think. If you have some kind of logon script that redirects
users to a server drive for their My Documents or something then it
will be a no-brainer to setup. If you just want them to save it on a
network location then you'll have to pay attention to file names or
give everyone their own folder or something. You shouldn't have any
problems doing it that way though, I wouldn't think.

If you do, ask the list here about it, or post on the Outlook
newsgroups. I'm sure someone can help out with specifics.

---