Mail that keeps coming back

  • From: "Scott Van Singel" <svansingel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList] (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 03:52:54 -0500

Hi all.
I have  strange problem with our Exchange.
I am running Exchange 2000 Enterprise with SP3 and latest Hot fixes.
I created a web page for teachers and staff to submit a work request. Once it
is done, the code will send their information with their email address to an
account called "Helpdesk". One of my servers has Outlook (2000) configured to
get these emails. Once the email has reached the mailbox and is marked as new,
there is another service that gets the new email and creates a work order. When
the work order is created it will send a email back to the users Email address
that they put on the web page with the work order number.
Now, the outlook client is on our Web server. We had to reboot or shutdown the
web server for a short time. The funny thing is, when the server comes back on
line, the some, not all, of the email will pop back in the inbox as New. SO, my
work order system will take those and create new work orders.
Does anyone have a guess why these emails would pop back in after the web
server was rebooted. The funny thing is, not all of the emails are coming back.
If you would like to see what web page I am talking about go to:
http://sturgis.k12.mi.us/helpdesk/work_request.htm.
you can see what I am talking about.

Thank you.

Scott Van Singel,  MCP