Mail sent to address that do not have an account

  • From: "Rob" <rplank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:30:56 -0500

Is there a good practice for mail that is sent to accounts that do not
exist on you exchange server.  I know how to have all undeliverable
(SMTP) mail be sent to a selected mailbox but is there a way to stop
this type of mail?  The reason I ask is it seems I'm getting mail to
about 5 email address that have never existed on  this server and I'm
getting flooded with spam being sent to these accounts. I have a spam
filter on my exchange server now but as we know they do not stop
everything. So I'm just looking for a few ideas

Thanks

Rob