Re: Mail relay through Sendail

  • From: "Chris Williams" <chrisw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:24:04 -0800

Do you want to route all mail through the Sun box?

If so, open the Exchange System Manager, and then go to your server, and then
the protocols area.  Open the SMTP protocols and select Properties.  On the
Outgoing tab, enter the name or the IP address of your Sun box in the area
called "Smart Host".  If you enter an IP address, enclose it in brackets, i.e.
[192.168.0.5]. This will route all outgoing SMTP mail through that machine.

(The exact names of the tabs may be slightly off... I'm not in front of the ESM
now.)

Chris