RE: Mail flow problems

  • From: "Mike Hogenauer" <MHogenauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:56:08 -0700

No written event sinks that I now of? We do obviously use virus scanning
but even if that's turned off I still experience the problems.

I have some Exchange transport error with Status Codes of 5.5.4, I know
we're not an open relay. I think I'm just receiving these because I do
have the logging turned up.

I do get successful Topology event logs regarding MSExchangeDSAccess,
saying it has discovered all my DC's / GC's.

The problem is intermittent, probably happens once or twice a week and I
have not been able to isolate what's happening.

I'm still not convinced that it's not a layer 3 problem....