RE: Mail delayed and not reaching some external destinations

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:53:32 -0500

Is this happening to only to a particular domain or to random domains ?
Normally this happens when the destination domain's email server is
unreachable, and the messages gets queued up in the gateway. This could
be due to a problem with destination itself, or may be some Internet
routing problem in reaching the particular domain, some where in the
Internet. Usually this means the message will be retried again
Is the NDR originating from your own gateway or some other external
gateway ?

Shanmuga Raj Periyasamy   (Raj)
Infineum, Linden NJ
Information Technology