[ExchangeList] Mail Stuck on Front End Exch Server

  • From: Jeffrey Moscone <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 08:54:17 -0700

I had a fully functional Microsoft Exchange 2003 (SP2) Enterprise Server
providing OWA and MAPI connectivity with approximately 200 mailboxes. I
recently deployed a Front End to it and configured the pre existing server
as a Back End following a process defined by Microsoft. The Front End server
provides SSL/OWA, RPC/HTTP and SMTP connectivity. The Back End is set up to
be a Mailbox and Public Folder server. Everything works as expected except
when mail is coming from outside of the organization and is destined for a
Public Folder, it gets stuck in the Local Delivery queue on the Front End.
Internal mail gets to the Public Folders okay.
I have looked at Security, Public Folder Referrals, run Best Practices
Analyser and some Google searches to no avail. Has anyone experienced this?

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: