RE: Mail Stuck in Queue

  • From: "Shevill, Mark M SITI-ITDCE22" <Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:57:06 +0100

This is a common problem. In which queue does it sit? If it sits in the
awaiting routing queue then you will need to restart the Virtual SMTP
server. Alternatively if they are stuck in queues you may find that WMI is
functioning incorrectly. Restart the WMI service and kill the MTA. WMI is
quite problematic and causes memory leaks. Chances are if this is happening
then you may well have a third party product that will contribute to this
leak.

Mark Shevill
IMG Messaging Technical Lead

Tel: +44 161 935 7152 Fax: +44 207934 1630
Email: Mark.M.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx