RE: Mail Stopping at the Message Submitted to Categorizer

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:30:36 -0400

Hello William,
If the message is reaching the categorizer and is not reaching the
mailbox, it could be related to directory look up failure or the routing
engine is not doing what it is supposed to do. Have you looked at all
the queues under the SMTP protocol. If not, first verify all the queues
and check if messages are pending in a queue, and tell us which queue is
pending. Also, are you able to send outgoing messages? One way to test
your SMTP mail routing is as follows,

C:\>telnet exchangeserverIP 25
Telnet>helo <cr>
Telnet> mail from:youremail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telnet>rcpt to:youremail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telnet>data <cr>
Telnet> test test test <cr>
Telnet> test test test <cr>
Telnet>. <cr>

See if you received the test mail from the telnet session.