Mail Stopping at the Message Submitted to Categorizer

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:02:41 -0400

I have Exchange 2003 on a Microsoft Small Business Server 2004. I have
configured the POP connector to download mails from my ISP. I have added the
domain name for the external email domain to the Recipient Policy so that I
can set the default Sender address to the real mail domain name.

For example

Username: foo
Internal Domain Name:   mycompany.local
External Domain Name:

Mail sent to foo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx is picked up by POP connector and dropped into
foo's mailbox. When replying the reply to address is set to

The recipient policy contains mycompany.local and with configured as the default address.

For some reason (that may have nothing to do with this setup) when mail is
received it gets as far as SMTP: Message Submitted to the Categorizer. It
never moves on to the users mailbox.

What might cause this to happen? Thanks for any insight.

William Holmes (MCP)
Department of Computer Science
310 Upson Hall
Cornell University