[ExchangeList] Re: Mail Sending problem to some domains, Urgent help needed

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:44:01 -0400

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hello Supreet,

1. Make sure your MX record is the public IP of your mail server and not
ISP's DNS.

If your ISP hosts your DNS for you, you can ask them to make this
change, they will be more than happy to assist you. If you host your DNS
server, you will need to make this change.

2. Ensure that your Exchange is advertising as the FQDN of your domain
when advertising HELO during SMTP transaction.

1. Open Exchagne System Manager. Navigate to Administrative Groups,
Site, Servers, Servername, Protocols, SMTP, Default SMTP Virtual Server,

2. Highlight Default SMTP Virtual Server, right click properties.

3. Go to the Delivery Tab, and click Advanced Button.

4. In the "Fully-qualified domain name: field, enter your fully
qualified external domain name of your server for example
mail.yourdomain.com Click Check DNS to verify that it resolves.

5. Restart SMTP service.

If anything is unclear please ask.