RE: Mail Gateway Solution

  • From: "Joe Aldeguer" <jaldeguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:31:39 -0500

In the past I posted a question what best software to use for Exchange virus
and spam filtering

got a lot of good recommendations but unfortunately the total costs was way
beyond our budget

for a small office. One of the suggestions was to use open source. Now I am
using an Exim SMTP

with spamassasin and clamav as our office mail server for 40 users. Exim
comes equipped with

an effective UCE prevention rules coupled with spamassasin our spam problem
has drop significantly.

Joe