Re: Mail Caching for Downtime

  • From: Jabber Wock <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 18:28:10 -0500

Hi,

What you need is a secondary mailserver, located at a geographically
different place.  The secondary mailserver does not have to be an Exchange
server, it can be a plain Linux server for what you describe and very
inexpensive.  Once the secondary mailserver is established and configured
you point your DNS MX zone file to it as a secondary.

If you need assistance in setting up a seconadr MX server contact me off
line and I can assist.

JW