Mail Addressing Problem?

  • From: Gene O'Brien <Gene@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:27:08 -0400

Hi All,

I'm getting a bounced mail message for one of my users trying to send mail
to an account at AOL.  I know we can mail AOL, because I do it daily.

I went on to AOL and checked the address (by sending them a mail from my own
AOL account), and it's a valid address.  Here's the paste of the rejection
message:

'bmiltchev@xxxxxxx' on 9/22/2003 4:32 PM

The recipient name is not recognized

The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
;p=TCR;l=TCRNYCBDE2-030922203137Z-1464

MSEXCH:IMS:TCR:TCR:TCRNYCBDE2 3550 (000B09B6) 550 INCORRECT DOMAIN IN
MAIL/RCPT COMMAND

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong here?  I'm using Exchange 5.5.

Thanks,

Gene

Gene O'Brien
Network Administrator