RE: MX record

  • From: "exchange" <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 20:19:07 +0100

I'm guessing mail.kuwait-fund.org is a host? Hosts don't have mx-records,
domains do. A lookup on you domain shows:

> set type=mx
> kuwait-fund.org
Server:  dc1.bolibompa.com
Address:  192.168.1.10

kuwait-fund.org MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mail.kuwait-fund.org
mail.kuwait-fund.org    internet address = 168.187.196.3

So there's no problem sending mail to the domain kuwait-fund.org. However, if
'mail.kuwait-fund.org' is a sub-domain of kuwait-fund.org then there's a
problem for that domain, but as I see it 'mail' is the host receiving mail for
the domain, no?

HTH,
Orjan