MX Record

  • From: "Anand" <anandkumardevaa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 00:48:50 -0700

Dear all,
          I have setup exchange 2003 server on a domain controller. My
internal and external internet domain name is, (e.g.) abc.com. With
support from our ISP they have created a Mail exchange record(e.g,
mail.abc.com) and A record (e.g., mail.abc.com) for us. The mail exchanger
is pointing to our internal router. I have configured my router with both
internal ip address and external ip address.

Now my doubt is, I am not able to ping my mail exchange record and A
record in the internet. And also I am not able to send mail to my domain.
In yahoo I am getting the following error!

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

<anand@xxxxxxx>:
Sorry, I couldn't find a mail exchanger or IP address. (#5.4.4)

Please help me! Thanks in advance

Regards,
Anand