MTA service failed to start

  • From: Mat Yen Menggelitis <matyen76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:03:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

This is my MS Exchange server background:

Ms Exchange 5.5 Enterprise server SP3
Windows NT4.0 Advance Cluster Server SP6a
MTAData folder size now: 7GB

Our HQ server having a long queue at MTA sending to
our branches and cause the MTA service hang and stop
responding when tried to restart the service.

I have run MTACheck /V tools but it seems like no
corrupted to the database. When I tried to restart all
Exchange service, MTA and IMS failed to start.

Is it possible to me to remove all the DB**.dat files
in MTAdata folder and restart the servive to recreate
the queue?

Anybody have a method with least steps to be done
because I need to up the service immediately.

~Mat Yen Menggelitis~
Tel (o): +603-5635 8828 ext. 7105
Tel (h/p): 013-3507507

Do You Yahoo!?