MTA problem

  • From: Mat Yen Menggelitis <matyen76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 00:23:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi guys!

This problem is really killing me.

The scenario:

A few days back, there is a guy who sent out e-mail to
the distribution list in the organization that has
about 50-100 users with a file size almost 2MB.

This was causing a slow moving queue in my Exchange
5.5 MTA and finally the service hang. I have restated
the MTA service but the service hang/ failed to start
and it also cause my IMC service failed to start
because of dependencies.

Now, I have run MTACHECK utility to check whether
there is corrupt .DAT file in the queue but there is
nothing.

When I try to view the MTADATA folder inside my
Exchsrvr folder, the windows explorer hang and not
responding. I believe the MTA queue size is growing
and keep on growing.

So, could anyone give me a very least steops solution
on how I'm gonna remove all these unnecessary .DAT
file so that I could restart back my MTA service?

My Exchange info:

Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a Advance Server (cluster)
Ms Exchange 5.5 SP3 Enterprise Server (cluster)

Thanks. Really need helps.

=====
~Mat Yen Menggelitis~
Tel (o): +603-5635 8828 ext. 7105