MSExchange.org - Protecting Exchange against Spam

  • From: "MSExchange.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:38:25 +0200

Title: Protecting Exchange against Spam
Author: Amit Zinman
complex problem. Unlike viruses, spam mail does not have a clear and cut
signature.  Anyone could send you an e-mail you wouldn't want to receive so
determining which e-mail you definitely would not want to accept can be tricky.
Various anti-spam packages exist. However, integrating them into your mail
systems is not trivial. They have so many options that may help you prevent
spam but can also cause a lot trouble and increase "where is my mail" type help
desk calls. I hope to cover most aspects of combating spam here to make it
easier for you to decide which solution is best for your needs.
Link: http://www.MSExchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=671