[ExchangeList] MSExchange.org - Monthly Article Update - July 2013

  • From: "MSExchange.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ExchangeList" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 08:18:15 -0500

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------MSExchange.org - Monthly
Article Update - July 2013

Hi ExchangeList,

New articles added to MSExchange.org last month
Cmdlet Extension Agents (Part 3) (on 30 July 2013 by Nuno Mota)
http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2013/monitoring-operations/cmdlet-extension-agents-part3.html
In this article series, we'll talk about and demonstrate how to use Cmdlet
Extension Agents in Exchange 2013 to extend the functionality of any cmdlet.

Configuring an Exchange 2013 Hybrid Deployment and Migrating to Office 365
(Exchange Online) (Part 6) (on 25 July 2013 by Henrik Walther)
http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/office-365/exchange-online/configuring-exchange-2013-hybrid-deployment-migrating-office-365-exchange-online-part6.html
In this article we will install and configure Active Directory Federation
Service (ADFS) 2.1 on the two ADFS Proxy servers in the perimeter network.

Symantec Mail Security for Exchange - Voted MSExchange.org Readers' Choice
Award Winner - Exchange Anti-Spam (on 24 July 2013 by The Editor)
http://www.msexchange.org/news/general/MSExchange-Readers-Choice-Award-Symantec-Mail-Security-for-Exchange-Anti-Spam-Jun13.html
Symantec Mail Security for Exchange was selected the winner in the Exchange
Anti-Spam Category of the MSExchange.org Readers' Choice Awards. Trend Micro
ScanMail Suite and Sophos PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange were runner-up and
second runner-up respectively.

Transitioning to Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) (Part 4) (on
23 July 2013 by Anderson Patricio)
http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2010/migration-deployment/transitioning-forefront-online-protection-exchange-fope-part4.html
In this article the author covers some FOPE security features that will help
Exchange administrators manage security according to the organization needs.

Planning and migrating a small organization from Exchange 2007 to 2013 (Part 4)
(on 18 July 2013 by Steve Goodman)
http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2013/migration-deployment/planning-and-migrating-small-organization-exchange-2007-2013-part4.html
In this part of the series we'll complete collecting information about current
Exchange clients using free tools available and collect data about our
third-party software.

Cmdlet Extension Agents (Part 2) (on 16 July 2013 by Nuno Mota)
http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2013/monitoring-operations/cmdlet-extension-agents-part2.html
In the first part of this three-part article, we had a look at what Cmdlet
Extensions Agents are and how they work. The second and third parts will be
full hands-on as we will see how to use the Scripting agent to extend any
Exchange cmdlet and go through a few examples about improving the mailbox
provisioning process.

Configuring an Exchange 2013 Hybrid Deployment and Migrating to Office 365
(Exchange Online) (Part 5) (on 11 July 2013 by Henrik Walther)
http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/office-365/exchange-online/configuring-exchange-2013-hybrid-deployment-migrating-office-365-exchange-online-part5.html
In this article we will deploy the Active Directory Federation Proxy (ADFS)
servers that are required for external identity federation with Office 365.

Transitioning to Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) (Part 3) (on 9
July 2013 by Anderson Patricio)
http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2010/migration-deployment/transitioning-forefront-online-protection-exchange-fope-part3.html
In this article, the author explains how to deploy, manage and monitor the
Directory Synchronization Tool which is a key component for any FOPE
implementation.

Continuous Backup for Exchange Server 2013 with DPM 2012 (Part 3) (on 4 July
2013 by Rui Silva)
http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2013/management-administration/continuous-backup-exchange-server-2013-dpm-2012-part3.html
How to protect other Exchange Server roles and services beside the Mailbox
server. Improving performance and configuring DPM 2012 optional settings.

Planning and migrating a small organization from Exchange 2007 to 2013 (Part 3)
(on 2 July 2013 by Steve Goodman)
http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2013/migration-deployment/planning-and-migrating-small-organization-exchange-2007-2013-part3.html
In the last part of this series we began performing discovery against our
existing Exchange 2007 organization. In this part we'll continue discovery
collecting more information about Exchange, before beginning to collect
relevant Client information.

MSExchange.org Sections
- Articles & Tutorials (http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/)
- KBase Tips (http://www.msexchange.org/kbase/ExchangeServerTips/)