- Monthly Article Update

  • From: "" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:45:34 +0100 - Monthly Article Update

Hi ExchangeList,

New articles added to last month:

Title: Using OWA 2003 as the Default Mail Client in Your Organization
Author: Henrik Walther
premium mode) and provides a user interface that closely matches Microsoft
Office Outlook 2003 (also known as the Outlook MAPI client), provides far
better performance and security than was the case with earlier versions, it’s
getting more and more popular to use OWA 2003 as the default client among users
within the organization (especially when speaking retail stores, schools and
factory floors etc.)

Title: Microsoft publishes an update for Exchange Best Practices Analyzer Tool
Author: Amit Zinman
solutions just got better as Microsoft publishes version Updated in
this release are the XML file used by the tool to analyze information and the
help file.

Title: Explaining Exchange 2003 Http Access (Part 1)
Author: Paul Baldwin
all methods of accessing Exchange 2003 using HTTP, but making them all work
together can be a bit of a nightmare. The problems multiply when users have
email addresses selected from more than one email domain. This article explains
the mechanisms behind these HTTP features so that you may avoid some of the
common pitfalls.

Title: Implementing a Two Node Cluster with Windows 2003 Enterprise
Author: Marc Grote
installation of Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 two node Cluster. This article
doesn’t explain every necessary step for clustering Exchange, but it should
give you an overview about the installation process and some basic handling.

Title: Using the Exchange Migration Wizard
Author: Marc Grote
Migration Wizard (MAILMIG.EXE). With the help of the Migration Wizard you can
simply migrate from a foreign messaging system or older Exchange versions to
Exchange 2003. The wizard can help you to migrate from: Migration Files, MS
Mail for PC Networks, cc:Mail, Exchange 5.5, Lotus Notes, Novell GroupWise 4.x,
Novell GroupWise 5.x, Internet Directory (LDAP via ADSI) and, Internet Mail

Title: GFI FAXmaker for Exchange/SMTP - Voted Readers' Choice
Award Winner - Fax Connector for Exchange Category
Author: Admin
announced today that GFI FAXmaker for Exchange/SMTP was selected the winner in
the Fax Connector for Exchange category of the Readers’ Choice
Awards. RightFAX and Zetafax were runner-up and first runner-up respectively.

Title: Microsoft Releases Exchange 2003 Post SP-1 Update
Author: Amit Zinman
bug fixes found since the release of Exchange 2003 SP1.

Title: Designing an Active Directory/Exchange 2003 environment using the
Exchange Best Practices Analyzer
Author: Markus Klein
2003 as their primary messaging and collaboration system. And therefore these
companies need an Active Directory implementation. The question then often is:
What’s the best way to design an Active Directory environment for Microsoft
Exchange Server 2003? Within this article we will try to delve a little bit
deeper in this designing process itself and will have a look at the best
practices for implementation.

Title: User, groups, distribution list and contact management with Windows 2003
Active Directory
Author: Marc Grote
to create mailbox enabled users, mail enabled users, contacts and distribution

Title: Attend Live Technet Exchange 2003 Webcasts and Win Prizes!
Author: Amit Zinman
Microsoft so you can tune in to several  Level 200 Technect Webcasts.

Title: Neat OWA 2003 End-User Tips & Tricks
Author: Henrik Walther
tips & tricks. First I will show you some of my favourite OWA 2003 keyboard
shortcuts, and then I will move on and explain how you can improve the awkward
OWA 2003 Attachment feature simply by installing the S/MIME ActiveX component.
I will also show you how you can have multiple mailboxes opened through OWA
using one username. Last but certainly not least I will give you an insider tip
on how it’s possible to recover shift-deleted (aka “hard deleted”) mailbox
items through OWA 2003.

Title: Microsoft resubmits the Sender ID framework specification to IETF
Author: Amit Zinman
Internet Engineering Task Force which should publish a preliminary RFC in a few

Title: How to add SPF support to your Exchange Server
Author: Marc Grote
"From" addresses in email, and thus helps to counter e-mail spam. GFI is
offering an SPF module as freeware. In this article I will give you some
information about the newest version of GFI MailEssentials 10.1 and how to
setup the software with SPF integration.

Visit the Subscription Management (
section to unsubscribe. is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © 2004. All rights reserved.