MSExchange.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: "MSExchange.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:48:05 -0400

MSExchange.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi ExchangeList,

New articles added to MSExchange.org last month:

Title: Configuring ISA to Redirect OWA Users to the Correct Directories and
Protocols (Part 2)
Author: Thomas Shinder
right site and protocol discussed the issues involved with creating redirects
for users who enter incorrect URLs or incorrect protocols when accessing the
OWA Web site. We also went over the initial configuration steps you can use to
perform the redirects. In this, part 2 and final part of the series, we’ll go
over the configuration steps from beginning to end and explain the rationale
behind the steps. By the time you finish the procedure, users will be able to
enter incorrect paths and incorrect protocols and still be redirected to the
correct OWA Web site. The end result is fewer Help Desk calls.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/articles/Redirecting-OWA-Users-Correct-Directories-Protocols-Part2.html

Title: Recovering a Failed Exchange 2003 Member Server Using the Disaster
Recovery Switch
Author: Henrik Walther
Yes you guessed right – facing a completely dead Exchange Server. In this
article I’ll shine some light on the steps necessary in order to restore an
Exchange 2003 Member Server, that has experienced a major hardware failure
causing a complete loss of data.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/Recovering-Failed-Exchange-2003-Member-Server-Using-Disaster-Recovery-Switch.html

Title: Restoring Exchange Server 2003 to alternate Hardware
Author: Markus Klein
your Exchange Server 2003 System to alternate hardware. This is very often a
task if your old Exchange Server box crashed and you did not have a chance to
get the same or very similar hardware back. The goal now will be restoring your
Exchange Server 2003 System on new hardware that is not the same as the old.
Within this article we will get a drill-down on how this works and what steps
and tasks need to be done to make things run properly.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/Restoring-Exchange-Server2003-Alternate-Hardware.html

Title: The NoMAS Tool
Author: Neil Hobson
tool called NoMAS. In this article I want to cover what the NoMAS tool is and
under what circumstances you might want to use it.
Link: http://www.MSExchange.org/articles/NoMAS-Tool.html

Title: Configuring ISA to Redirect OWA Users to the Correct Directories and
Protocols (Part 1)
Author: Thomas Shinder
lists is for information on how to help hapless uses who can’t remember to
enter the correct path or protocol to reach the Exchange Server’s OWA site.
While it might seem like a simple issue to enter the path
https://owa.domain.com/exchange into the Web browser Address bar and press
ENTER, long experience tells us that this isn’t the case.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/articles/Redirecting-OWA-Users-Correct-Directories-Protocols-Part1.html

Title: Disclaimer Fun
Author: Rui J.M. Silva
use them because of legal issues, as an advertising means or maybe because they
think messages look nicer with a disclaimer. Since Exchange Server 5.5
Microsoft has provided a way of adding basic disclaimers to outgoing messages.
Let’s see how things have evolved since then and what we can do to extend the
provided capabilities.
Link: http://www.MSExchange.org/articles/Disclaimer-Fun.html

Title: Creating A Certificate For Outlook Web Access 2003 Using SelfSSL
Author: Lee Derbyshire
requiring the installation of Certificate Services, but a less
well-known utility from the IIS6 Resource Kit Tools known as SelfSSL can
make the process a lot easier.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/Creating-Certificate-OWA2003-SelfSSL.html

section to unsubscribe.
MSExchange.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © MSExchange.org 2005. All rights reserved.