Re: MSExchangeDSAccess Problem

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Exchange List <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:28:11 -0500

First off: DON¹T SIEZE ANY ROLES.

Your second DC does need to be a GC for it to serve up directory lookups for
Outlook.  According to your message, it already is.

So, a couple of clarifying questions:

When you say your DC is a ?replica¹ DC versus a ?master¹ DC, what do you
mean?  Are you simply referring to the holder of the FSMO roles?

When you say your users suffer, what do you mean?  Do you mean an active
client using one of the DC¹s has a problem if that DC goes down in the
middle of a session?  Or do you mean something else entirely?

When you say ³I have serious issue² do you mean you are experiencing issues,
or you take issue with the architecture?  (Syntactic I know, but because I
suspect there¹s a slight language gap, I want to understand which of these
you intend).

Exactly what changes did you make that led to the issues you¹re now seeing?