MS SBS 2000 issue

  • From: "Badri Khanal" <badri.khanal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 00:22:07 +0545

I have a MS SBS 2000 CD that came with hardcoded 5 licenses. I am just testing
it for evaluation purpose and will decide to buy additional licenses when I
determine that it is sufficient for our use.

I also have Win2k standard server installed in a Dell machine. Now my question
is if I want to install Exchange 2000 and ISA from SBS cd on top of existing
windows 2000 standard server rather than Win2k that came in SBS CD, will I be
still restricted to maximum 5 licenses for outlook and proxy clients? Please
don't be concerned about legal aspect of this as we use only licensed software.

your answer will be very much appreciated.

Badri