MS POP3 Connector - 'internal error' - cannot fix - am I going to have to reinstall exchange?

  • From: "Dale Wilson" <dkw.atlasrisk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:06:25 +0100

I am using SB2k SP2 and a modem/dial-up to pick up mail via POP3 using the MS
POP3 Connector.

The service suddenly crashed, and I cannot fix by rebooting or restarting the
service.  The error msg is exactly as described by Q267256

which relates to a problem in SBS v4.5, but is supposed to be fixed in SBS 2k
(which I'm using!!).  I have tried the fix anyway, but no joy...

Frustratingly, it doesn't seem possible to reinstall just the connector -
having spent about 4 hours yesterday with no luck, I am looking at backing up
all the mailboxes, reinstalling exchange, and then restoring...

Any suggestions?

Regards

Dale

Manchester, UK