RE: MS Exchange Back up,

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:56:46 -0400

Using the NTBackup utility that comes with Exchange you should see an option
for Exchange backups.  You cannot use regular file type backups to
accomplish this.

There is a great document on Microsoft's website that deals with
step-by-step backup and recovery (which is really more important, right?).
You can find it at and search for the
disaster recovery whitepapers.