RE: MDB Attachements

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:34:31 -0600

  Exchange is blocking it or Outlook is blocking it?
By default, Outlook blocks "dangerous"  attachments. <-- contains the
answer you seek, assuming it's really Outlook XP stopping you.

Copied directly from the page:
Open your registry and find the key below.
Create a new String value, or modify the existing value, called
"Level1Remove" and set it to equal a semi-colon separated list of the
extension you want to allow.

Restart Outlook for the change to take effect.

Note: Any files with the following extensions are normally prohibited
from being opened or saved when received as e-mail attachments: "ade,
adp, asx, bas, bat, chm, cmd, com, cpl, crt, exe, hlp, hta, inf, ins,
isp, js, jse, lnk, mda, mdb, mde, mdz, msc, msi, msp, mst, pcd, pif,
prf, reg, scf, scr, sct, shb, shs, url, vb, vbe, vbs, wsc, wsf, wsh"

Kenny Mann