RE: MBX Access.

  • From: "Mark Dewell" <M.Dewell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:25:57 +0100

I suggest you grant rights to a non-administartor type account for any
individual mailboxes you want to access.

However, if you want to access all mailboxes, create a seperate user account
for use as an 'exchange super user'. Do not put this account into any of the
usual administrator groups (these have explicit denies set on mailboxes), but
do put it into the 'Exchange Domain Server' group (Yes I know this normally
only has machines in it, but how do you think they get permission to access
the Exchange system!)

There are other ways of acheiving the same results but this seems the easiest
and works for us. The microsoft website also recommends this method.