RE: MBX Access.

  • From: "Andrew Shaw" <Andrew.Shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:49:30 +0100

Hi

I would suggest granting an account access to the mailboxes you wish to
view. This account cannot be part of any Admin. Groups as they are
explicitly denied access to mailboxes. (Active Directory Users and
Computers> dbl click users account>Exchange Advanced tab>Mailbox
rights)Open outlook while connected/logged in as this account, and
choose FILE>Open>Other Users Folder and select the user whose mailbox
you wish to view- view the inbox.

If you must access the messages through the MBX folder (why?) you will
have to remove the existing file permissions, and give only yourself and
the user access.

Hope this helps you.

Andrew Dutton (MCSE+I, MCSE W2K)
Lead Consultant