RE: MASS Email software

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:36:15 -0500

For starters, do you have more requirements to frame this conversation?

What I mean by that is that when you start down the road of mass mailing
marketing rules (opt-in spam for another term sometimes used ;) you tend to
start with the idea of sending the mail.  But it soon becomes apparent that
some other components are needed, such as NDR handling, user updates,
metrics of who received it, what they did when they got it (i.e. did they go
to the web site listed?) and so on.

I've seen some implementations of such software, but there is not enough
information available to figure out if it's relevant to what you're doing.

Using an alternate domain name would be a good idea, because otherwise your
regular corporate mail server would have to deal with the NDR's and replies
and so forth.

If you don't need any of the other components, then the SMTP server that
comes with Windows Server is more than enough to do what you want.  If you
want more intelligence, you may want to look at something like
www.boldfish.com (which is now Siebel email-marketing
http://www.siebel.com/email-marketing/software-solutions.shtm )

al